Madison Regatta Festival
Special Saturday concert to highlight Regatta festival
The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band
tops entertainment lineup
(June 2017) – Planning is under way for the 2017 Madison Regatta Festival, June 24 to July 2 in Madison, Ind. General admission wristbands, VIP Tent Passes, and cold pit passes are on sale now online at www.MadisonRegatta.com website. General admission wristband grants you access to the general viewing area every day of the Regatta.
2017 Madison Regatta Festival Schedule
• June 24: 3 on 3 Basketball. TBD at Brown Gym.
• For admission wristbands and more information, call (812) 274-0400 or visit: www.MadisonRegatta.com.
• June 24-25: Remote controlled boats. Noon at JPG’s Kruger Lake.
• June 25: Little Miss, Princess, Pre-Teen, Teen Pageants. Time TBA at North Madison Christian Church.
• June 26: Madison Regatta Kick-Off Party. 3 p.m. at Bicentennial Park on Vaughn Drive.
• June 26: Miss Madison Regatta Scholarship Pageant. 7 p.m. at North Madison Christian Church. Admission $10.
• June 27: Madison Regatta-RKO Enterprises Waterball Fights. 6 p.m. on Main Street in front of the Jefferson County Courthouse.
• June 27: Movie sponsored by the City of Madison.
8 p.m. at Madison Bicentennial Park.
• June 28: WORX Street Dance. 8 p.m. on Vaughn Drive.
• June 28: Little Cuties and Baby Contest. 6 p.m. at Madison Bicentennial Park. Register at 5 p.m.
• June 29 - July 1: Music on the River - At Fireman’s Park on Vaughn Drive.
• June 29: 5 p.m. - midnight. Bands TBA.
• June 29: Rockin’ the Riverfront. 9 p.m. at the Regatta VIP tent on the riverfront with The Jimmy Davis Band. Charge $5. Must be 21 or over.
• June 30: 5 p.m. - midnight. Bands TBA.
• June 30: Madison Regatta-Belterra Golf Scramble.
Register at 8 a.m. Tee off at 9 a.m. at Sunrise Golf Course.
• July 1: Madison Regatta Parade. 7 p.m. on Madison’s Main Street.
• July 1: 5 p.m. - midnight. The Jimmy Davis Band, Nick Dittmeier & the Sawduster, and Reverend Peyton’s Big Damned Band. Tickets $10 and $15.
• July 1: Jane Jacobs Memorial Madison Courier Run/Walk. 8 a.m. at Madison Consolidated High School parking lot.
• July 1: Fireworks Spectacular on the Riverfront. 10 p.m. Sponsored by the American Legion and others.
The Madison Regatta office on Vaughn Drive opens June 1, where wristbands also may be purchased. If you are ordering an RV spot, tarp space, hospitality tent or are a vendor, this is the best time to contact the Madison Regatta.
Registration forms are available at the Madison Courier office, 310 West St., or at www.madisoncourier.com.Registration forms also will be published soon in editions of the Madison Courier.
The Madison Regatta Golf Scramble is set for June 30 at Sunrise Golf Course. Each team will be paired with a driver or official celebrity from the H-1 unlimited and Grand Prix hydroplane series. Registration begins at 8 a.m. with tee-off at 9 a.m.
Tickets also are available online for the special concert by The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damned Band, scheduled to perform at 7 p.m. Saturday, July 1, at Madison Bicentennial Park. Also performing that evening will be Nick Dittmeier & the Sawdusters, a four-piece Americana band from Louisville, Ky., and Madison’s own Jimmy Davis Band. Six food trucks from Cincinnati, Indianapolis and Louisville will be there. Tickets are $10 with a Regatta wristband or $15 without a wristband.
The evening will be capped off with the Fourth of July Fireworks Show at dusk on the banks of the Ohio River.
General admission wristband also grants you access to all Madison Regatta Festival events, such as the 96.7 WORX Street Dance on Wednesday night, June 28, and Music on the River events on Thursday and Friday nights on the riverfront. Children 10 and under are permitted into the general viewing area and Regatta events for free.
All online orders are to be picked up at the will call tent on West St. A valid ID is required to pick up your order.
Meantime, event organizers are accepting applications for several events, including Miss Madison Regatta and other scholarship pageants, the Madison Regatta parade and the 39th annual Madison Courier Firecracker 10K Walk & Run.
The Miss Madison Regatta pageant will be held at 7 p.m. Monday, June 26, at the North Madison Christian Church due to construction at Madison Consolidated High School. Blush on Main is the title sponsor.
The 2017 scholarship pageant will feature three scholarships this year instead of just one. The winner will receive the Humanitarian Sarah Morgan Scholarship of $2,500. The first runner-up will receive the Legacy Scholarship – Morgan Nay Funeral Centre of $1,500. A Style Maker Scholarship in Memory of Norma Grace Croxton of $500 also will be awarded during the event.
Applications for the Miss Madison Regatta pageant are available at the Madison Regatta office on Vaughn Drive, Blush on Main or the Madison Regatta website. The pageant is limited to the first 15 applicants.
Other pageants include Miss Teen Regatta for ages 15 to 17; Miss Preteen Regatta for ages 12 to 14; Miss Princess Regatta for ages 9 to 11; and Little Miss Regatta for ages 5 to 8. The pageants will be held on June 25 at the North Madison Christian Church. More information and applications are available online at www.madisonregatta.com.
Organizations, businesses and non-profit groups must sign up for a spot in the lineup before the annual Madison Regatta Parade takes over Main Street at 7 p.m. Friday, June 30. This year’s parade, which is themed “The Wonderful World of Music,” will begin at Jefferson Street and travel down Main Street to Cragmont Street.
Participation forms for the parade, which is sponsored by German American Bank, are available at City Hall on Main Street or on the City of Madison website, www.madison-in.gov.
The cost for parade entries is $75, but entry fees are waived for non-profit agencies and schools. Proceeds from the parade fees help support the annual fireworks display on Madison’s riverfront on July 1.
The deadline for parade entries and fees is June 16. Entries should be mailed to Kim Washer at 1956 N. Ryker’s Ridge Road, Madison, IN 47250 or emailed to email@example.com.
Runners and walkers planning to participate in Madison Courier Firecracker 10K Walk & Run on July 1 can now sign up for the race, which travels from the hilltop to the downtown area. Both walk and run events begin at 8:15 a.m. at the Madison Consolidated High School.
Walker registration fees are $10 before June 24 and $15 after the date. Runner registration fees are $20 before June 24 and $25 after the date. Registration includes a participant T-shirt and runner’s packet.
Back to June 2017 Articles.